Initial config diff not showing.

Home Community Forums NetYCE Support tickets (bronze) Initial config diff not showing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Migration User
    Participant

Hi,

Recently I downloaded and installed/imported version 7.1.0 on our VMWare platform, I did run the net_setup.pl and yce_setup.pl to enable https.

I have created a couple of nodes and the poller config indicates successful polls have been made. However the ‘nccm’ (initial) polls don’t show up under the config diffs. The only diffs showing are the ones for which a Basic cmd job was started.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Jeroen

Migration User
    Participant

Hi Jeroen,

thank you for your message, the VM in question is running 24/7 I assume?

Could you maybe specify how long the VM has been running? Thanks in advance.

Migration User
    Participant

Hi Jeroen,

Yes 24/7 please find uptime below:

[email protected] ~
    $ uptime
    14:39:28 up 5 days, 1 min, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00

Thanks.

Migration User
    Participant

I also see this message not sure if that is related.

Node migration
    Polling configurations were found that are not part of known servers in this NetYCE setup.
    Please select the desired action for these nodes

Migration User
    Participant

Hi Jeroen,

thank you for your reply, did you add the nodes in question to the NCCM? (this can be done in the “Poller config” tab, by adding the desired nodenames or nodegroups)

By default we will retrieve a configuration and store it in the NCCM database when you execute a job on a node however, we will not poll nodes regularly unless the node has been added to the poller config.

Migration User
    Participant

Did you change the hostname of the server by any chance?

Migration User
    Participant

yes the nodes have been added to the NCCM under the poller config tab, the nodes are being polled according the poller interval, just not showing up in the config diffs.

yes we did change the hostname of the server.

Migration User
    Participant

Does the “last poll” date for the nodes change? If there’s no change in the configuration compared to the last known configuration there will be no new entry in the config diffs because there’s no diff.

We use the hostname of the server to generate the name for the Poller id(‘s), in case the hostname of the server changes we will present you with the option to add or delete nodes from a specific poller id.

Migration User
    Participant

Thanks for your support Jeroen the issue is solved! 🙂

resolution:
    acl on switch needs to allow sftp outbound towards netyce server. (NCCM)

Migration User
    Participant

Hi Jeroen, thank you for your reply: great to hear the issue has been resolved!
    The YCE connection matrix shows which protocols and ports it uses for connectivity in any direction.
    https://wiki.netyce.com/doku.php/general:connection_matrix
    The following page shows an overview of the supported and default protocols used per vendor. Sessions are set up from the node towards NetYCE, unless specified otherwise.
    https://wiki.netyce.com/doku.php/general:supported_transfer_protocols_per_device

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.